Businesses often find themselves lumbered with boxes of old files, contracts and miscellaneous paperwork containing sensitive data. Not only is this a waste of storage and a fire risk but can also lead to a breach of the Data Protection Act. If you need to free up space at your offices or would prefer your documents scanning in for additional security then pc-mac data can handle the whole process for you.
Whether you need your documents scanning or scanning and then destroyedpc-mac data offer a one-stop-shop for their clients. Our scanning service adheres to ISO9001 standards.
The following steps outline the comprehensive process that your scanned documents will go through:
- step one once we receive your enquiry we will talk to you to better understand your scanning requirements and the best options for you
- step two we will personally collect your documents using pc-mac data vetted drivers and vehicles
- step three all documents need to be straightened and prepared for scanning. This includes removal of any metal objects or plastic folders
- step four your documents are then put through the scanners and the process is supervised to ensure maximum quality
- step five scanning is halted and random images are checked for quality and consistency
- step six in order that you can retrieve your images easily at a later date this is when we extract the data to create your headings and titles for searching later
- step seven your scans are ready to be uploaded into your own system or hosted using an electronic data management system
- step eight once you are happy you have everything you need your paperwork is either returned to you or securely shredded, pulped and recycled. A certificate of destruction is then issued.